CENTRAL – Southern Wesleyan University announced the beginning of a program designed around better meeting the continuing education needs of teachers.
The Attain Program is a partnership with school districts seeking benefits that include:
• Potential scholarships to each enrolled teacher or administrator
• Streamlined enrollment process
• Fully online program that provides convenience and schedule flexibility
• Flat pricing model per course that includes tuition, fees, e-textbooks, and learning management system
Southern Wesleyan will offer the 10 core courses of the Master of Education in Classroom Leadership (MEDCL) degree program online to cohorts of no less than 10 and no more than 24 certified teachers employed by the district. Courses will generally be seven weeks in length. Courses will be delivered one at a time over the entire calendar year.
Also, Southern Wesleyan is partnering with school districts to offer teachers in those districts the content area (Graduate Education Elective) courses that could lead to additional endorsements and state requirements. Courses are available in the following content areas:
• Learning Disabilities
• Gifted and Talented
• Early Childhood special education
Students in a given cohort must all begin in the first course together and proceed sequentially. For details about the Attain Program, contact an enrollment representative at 864-644-5557; by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or online at www.swu.edu/central. Details can also be found online at swu.edu/attain.