• The Steppin’ It Up Coalition meets from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Pickens Recreation Department, 545 Sangamo Road in Pickens. Meetings are open to anyone interested in educating youth on the dangers and health implications of alcohol, tobacco and drug exposure and use.
• The Parenting Place, 1899 Gentry Memorial Highway in Easley, hosts the 19th annual Ride for the Child. Registration will be from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. The ride will begin at 11 a.m. The cost is $30 per vehicle plus an additional $10 per extra passenger or extra poker hands. The fee includes a T-shirt, one poker hand, lunch and music. Visit www.theparentingplacepca.org for more information or to register.
• The Fine Arts Center of Easley presents a Rhythm Section Clinic at 6:30 p.m. in the Carr Conference Room at West End Hall in Easley. Trey Lundquist, a Pickens High School and Berklee School of Music graduate, will present the clinic with Berklee alum Sam Enright, on the relationship between the drummer and bass player. The clinic is free to the public.
• The Easley Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Tuesday at West End Hall in the Carr Center, 201 S. 5th St. in Easley.
• The Clemson Sertoma Club meets at noon the first and third Tuesday of each month at the University Inn, 1310 Tiger Blvd. in Clemson. New members and visitors are welcome. Call Randy Shaw at 864-423-5469 for more information.
• Easley Newcomers & Friends meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Capt. Kimberly Hampton Public Library, 304 Biltmore Road in Easley. The social is at 10 a.m. and the meeting is at 10:30 a.m. Guests are welcome. Call Donna Medgyesy at 864-855-5231 for more information.
• The Moving Forward Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at Silver Bay on S.C. 123 in Easley.
• The Confection Connection of the Upstate meets at 7 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, 1200 Powdersville Road in Easley. Call 864-859-4252 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• The Upcountry Quilters Guild meets at 7 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of each month in the community room of Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative, 734 W. Main St. in Pickens. Visitors are welcome. Visit www.upcountryquiltguildsc.com for more information.
• The Powdersville Branch Library, 4 Civic Court in Powdersville, holds its PreSchool Story Time for ages 1-5 at 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays throughout the fall. Contact Branch Manager Alex Currin at 864-295-1190 for more information.
• The Pickens Rotary Club meets from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. each Wednesday at Pickens Presbyterian Church.
• The Easley Business and Professional Women’s Chapter meets at 12:30 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at Fatz Cafe in Easley. Send an email to Lynne Mathis at email@example.com or call 864-608-3268 for more information.
• The Powdersville Water District Board of Directors meets the third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. in the meeting room of the Powdersville Library, 4 Civic Court in Easley. The Executive Committee meets the week prior to the regular board meeting. All meeting times are subject to change. Call 864-269-5440, ext. 3108, for more information.
• The Arts Council of Pickens County meets at 2:30 p.m. the first Saturday of each month at Starving Artist Cafe, 114 NW Main St. in Easley. The group is open to those wanting to build support for the arts. Visit artscouncilofpickens.wix.com for more information.
Outside Pickens County
The Art Gallery on Pendleton Square, 102-A E. Main St. in Pendleton, holds its Second Friday event from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. featuring a reception to showcase Lou Koppel, a metal and mixed-media sculptor.
Keowee Marina, 150 Keowee Marina Drive in Seneca, is hosting a series of free family events in June, July and August. Kids Day will be held from 10 a.m. to noon June 9 followed by Toons & Board from noon to 5 p.m. June 10 and Movie Night by the Lake at 9 p.m. June 11. July events will include Kids Day from 10 a.m. to noon July 7 and Movie Night by the Lake at 9 p.m. July 16. August events will include Pirate Day from 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 11 (RSVP required) and Movie Night by the Lake at 9 p.m. Aug. 13. Call 864-882-2047 or visit www.keoweemarina.com for more information.
Community Calendar items can be submitted in writing to P.O. Box 709, Easley, S.C. 29641; in person at 205 Russell St.; via fax to 864-855-6825; or via email at EASnews@civitasmedia.com. Call 864-855-0355 for more information. Items run on a space-available basis.